Re: XPath DOM Draft Requirements

To quote the entire requirement:

    * The DOM XPATH interfaces SHOULD NOT return a "live" object, but
      should return a list or iterator that will either reflect a
      snapshot of the DOM tree at the moment the XPath query was
      evaluated or will become invalidated if changes to the DOM tree
      could affect its contents.

The object being referred to here is not the nodes, but rather the "list
or iterator".  Perhaps the reference to a snapshot is misleading.  I
believe that it is expected that nodes iterated or listed will be live,
but the iteration or list containing those nodes is not live.

Ray Whitmer
rayw@netscape.com