Re: Button values for Events need Modified

> Jeff Yates wrote:
>
> I have run into a problem with the MouseEvent recommendation.  During a
> mouseover event I need to know what/if a mouse button is pressed.  If so do one
> action, if not do another.   The problem is that the MouseEvent does not tell
> you IF A BUTTON IS BEING PRESSED, or if multiple buttons are being pressed.

I guess in that case, you will receive one Mouse event for each mouse button
pressed. For example:

mousedown button 0
mousedown button 1

[all kind of mousemove, mouseover, mouseout, ...]

mouseup button 0
mouseup button 1

click button 0
click button 1

order of mousedown, mouseup or click is not relevant here.

This can also be applied on the key events.

> What if the button was pressed outside of the browser window?

I don't think you will receive the click event in that case if the mouse is
released in the browser window. You will certainly get the two mouseup events.
Note that mouseover and mouseout don't contain buttons informations.

Philippe