Re: Dynamic Doctype generation

Joseph Kesselman wrote:

> We recognize that this isn't an ideal sequence for those of you writing
> parsers, which may need to stack up a series of doctypes and PIs and
> comments before you have enough information to call createDocument.

Even though, how come the created document cannot refer to a DTD with
PUBLIC and SYSTEM identifiers ?

> DOM
> Level 3 may introduce alternative approaches to document creation which
> relax this. And DOM Level 3's Content Model work may introduce the ability
> to alter or replace the DocumentType on an existing document. But this is
> all work-in-progress and wasn't ready for standardization in DOM Level 2.
   I saw DOM3 enabled working within DTD, but we are more interested in
specifying an external DTD and in designating it with public and system
ids.
Are we the only one willing to perform such a weird task ?

Olivier Dameron
olivier.dameron@chu-rennes.fr