Re: DocumentType.internalSubset

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 08:47:24 -0400
To: "Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org>
Cc: "Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org>, www-dom@w3.org

> It doesn't look like there was ever a response to this

Apologies; it took us a while to crosscheck with the XML Core group -- it
turned out there was no formal definition of "internal subset" in the XML
specs, which we expect will get fixed -- and hence we didn't reach a
conclusion until this week. I believe the answers are:

>Should the string include the brackets?

No.

> Should it be null if there is no internal subset?

Yes.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research