Using DOM to create client-side image map

From: DOM Question <domquestion@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:59:26 -0600
To: www-dom@w3.org
Cc: domquestion@hotmail.com
Hi,

I have no problem creating client-side image maps using the static HTML tags
for IMG, MAP, and AREA.

However, I am having trouble creating the equivalent using the DOM
createElement in either IE or NN.

I would really appreciate any guidance or samples you know of.

I apologize for bothering the W3 organization with this, but I have been
searching through all of the usual javascript/dhtml/dom forums out there
with no luck. I have also asked this question at the Microsoft forums with
no response and the Netscape DOM forum has been down for at least two days.

Thanks in advance!