Re: xmlns attribute namespace

Garret Wilson wrote:

 > This seems to be saying that the <book> "title" attribute takes on
 > the default namespace of "book".

Yes, but you have to understand what that means.  It means that
"title" belongs to the "book" element-specific partition of the
"urn:com:books-r-us" namespace.

 > Is the example incorrect,
 > and each attribute should be prefixed by "xsd:"?

No.  The point of prefixed attributes is so that applications
can recognize them by their namespaces in any sort of element,
whether the element belongs to the namespace or not.  An element
belonging to a well-known namespace need not have separately
recognizable attributes.

--
There is / one art             || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
no more / no less              || http://www.reutershealth.com