Re: "Latest Version" link to DOM Level 1 2nd Edition

Ann Navarro wrote:
> I think perhaps then, the terminology could be clarified. When I see a link
> on a document that says "latest version", I read that as the *latest
> version of the document I'm currently looking at*, whether it be a draft,
> CR, PR, or Rec. If it's to point back to the latest *Rec*, that should be
> specified.

It points back to the latest stable version of the document.
Nothing is more stable than a REC.
An other example is the DOM Level 2 HTML: even if there is a PR draft on the
W3C site, the latest version is a WD.

> (I further think the term and linking habits are managed differently across
> working groups, leading to some of the confusion)

Don't know about all workings groups but, at least on this case, I tried
to be consistent with the others documents. I followed the format of
the XML 2nd:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xml-2e-20000814

Philippe