DocumentCSS.getOverrideStyle()

From: Ian Hickson <ianh@netscape.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 00:32:00 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
To: www-dom@w3.org

Hi,

Could the WG explain the reasoning behind extending the Document interface
to add the getOverrideStyle() function? I am wondering why this is a
document-specific function rather than an Element-specific function. The
other typical way of overriding the style of an Element is to use the
ElementCSSInlineStyle interface; would this not have been a more logical
place to provide OverrideStyle functionality?

Sorry if this is a FAQ, I'm very new to the DOM!

Thanks in advance,
--
Ian Hickson                                     )\     _. - ._.)       fL
Netscape, Standards Compliance QA              /. `- '  (  `--'