To:"Jamshed Ahsan" <ahsanjamshed@rediffmail.com>
From:"Joseph Kesselman/Watson/IBM" <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date:Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:39:59 -0400
CC:"www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
Subject:Re: HTML DOM

>Do i need to implement exclusively other interfcaes except interfcae
>HTMLDocument of HTML DOM,

Yes, if you want to claim compliance with the HTML DOM spec.

No, if all you want is compliance with the core DOM... but in that case you
probably shouldn't implement HTMLDocument either, since that's likely to
confuse your users. The main reason for HTMLDocument is that it _does_
produce all the specialized subclasses of Element.

 As you suggested, the HTML interfaces aren't much more  than a convenience
layer.

(DOM Level 1 requres that you completely implement either the HTML
interfaces or the Extended (XML) interfaces. We're considering backing off
that and allowing folks to claim compliance with only the core.)