Document Views?

From: John Ky <hand@syd.speednet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 14:09:45 +1000
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
The Views module doesn't seem to have very much in it.

Is it about:

+ discovering what views are in use?
+ discovering what the default view is?
+ discovering what document is associated with a view?

I would really like to see in the DOM - a special case
view that involves having another document as a view
of the first - both statically and dynamically.

As a static view, it'll probably just be a transformation
from document A to document B according to some
rule.

As a dynamic view - document B would be able to
see document A and mutate itself according to a set
of rules whenever document A mutates.  Much like
the observer/subject pattern.  (I am just so obsessed
with that pattern)

Ideally I would have it event driven based on
Mutation Events.

Thanks

-John