Re: event registration another way

From: John Ky <hand@syd.speednet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 02:14:13 +1000
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
> (Good to know folks are starting to try to use our
> events... but ye gods, we HAVE to find a way to
> provoke this sort of feedback _before_ we nail the
> spec in place!)

Hehe ... well it was a long trip getting this far.  First,
I had to learn that Mutation Events existed, then
understand it, then find an implementation, then I
had to find a serious use for it then actually try to
use it, then run into problems, then think of ways
it could be address.

What a mouthful!

Actually, I'm kinda new to XML technologies too -
having seriously looked into it only this year and
DOM wasn't one of the first places I started looking.

But there we have it - better late than never.

If I wasn't so pressed for time I'd probably take
some O/S implementation and add all of the
experimental features that I'd like to see.

BTW ... I'm looking into cancellable mutation events -
they're somewhat more complex than I thought they'd
be - but hopefully I'll have something good enough
for my personal use.

Unfortunately, implementing this sort of thing isn't
suppose to be the main part of my project - so it's
all adhoc and rushed.  If I studied Mutation Events
in detail much earlier, I might have made this my
project.  Serves me right for depend on bleeding
edge technology that is yet to mature.

Thanks

-John