Re: Cancellability and two-phase events

From: Joseph Kesselman/Watson/IBM <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 08:54:27 -0400
To: <www-dom@w3.org>

No requirement for two-phase events was submitted for the DOM events
system. At this point, I really think it's too late to smuggle it into
Level 2.

We can consider it for future levels of the DOM. We'd need to come up with
serious use cases and requirements, and we'd need to find headcount to work
on it.

(My instincts suggest that an application could implement its own two-phase
system on top of our primitive events... but I haven't worked that out in
detail, so I may be mistaken.)

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research