HTMLOptionElement strangeness

From: John Rohlf <jrohlf@liberate.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:47:24 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-dom@w3.org

Why is "selected" readonly and "defaultSelected" not? Seems that
these 2 are switched since I would expect the selected state of an
to be changeable while its default would not.

And why is "index" not readonly ?!!!? As an implementor I really don't
want to support the setting of this attribute. What if someone specifies

an index of 1000000000000? If someone wants to shuffle the option
order, let them use Node methods to do so.