Re: Difference in DOM's

From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 10:44:25 -0700
To: <lauren@sqwest.bc.ca>, <www-dom@w3.org>
Heading back to what I just can't see at all:   DOM L2 may
mention some end result ... but without defining the APIs used
to achieve it, that's not helpful.  And it's worse for the
XML DOM, which has a much wider range of "OK behaviors" with
which to foster portability problems.

Presumably some later DOM will eventually fix this (as I
think we heard a while back :-) but until then, this sort
of issue is smack at the heart of what makes DOM not be a
portability solution even for the simplest web applications:
you can't even bootstrap without relying on proprietary APIs.

- Dave