Re: CSS Counter interface

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 12:38:56 -0400
To: Blaine Brodie <bbrodie@savagesoftware.com>
CC: www-dom@w3.org
Blaine Brodie wrote:

> The current Counter interface contains 3 DOMStrings.  The modifications
> made to the these strings modify the underlying style property.
> With this scheme it is possible to set counter style properties with
> invalid data.

The 3 DOMStrings are readonly. You cannot modify them through the
Counter interface. The description is wrong and I made the mistake:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2000JanMar/0291.html

Of course, modifying the style property through the CSSStyleDeclaration
or through the CSSPrimitiveValue will modify the Counter interface
attributes.

Philippe