Default values for attribute

From: Hari Haran Subramanian <haran.hari@wipro.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 11:43:14 +0530
To: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>

Hi! My name is Hari Haran.S.
This is regarding the implementation of DOM in C++ by IBM.
There is a snippet of code I would like to bring to your attention in
the file AttrImpl.cpp:

AttrImpl::AttImpl(...) // parametrized ctor.
{
    specified = true; //Should it be????
}

Here as I understand it, specified should be true only when default
value is mentioned explicitly in the DTD.But this constructor can also
be invoked by the user through the Document interface method,
createAttribute(..) , which is to say that specified  becomes true even
when the attribute is not there at all in the DTD!!!
Kindly clarify!!
Thanx and regards,
Hari.