Re: xml to html

Suresh Dussa wrote:

> This may sound ridiculous but I've got a requirement where in XML needs to
> be converted to HTML.

Well, in that case an awful lot of people are being ridiculous!

Converting XML to HTML is a common task.

> Can this be possible using any DOM SDK?

DOM SDKs generally emit XML when asked to serialize their
content.  Of course, using a DOM SDK it is perfectly reasonable
to create a XHTML document, and serialize that.

Another approach would be to traverse the DOM tree of your XML
document and create the appropriate HTML as you go.

Finally, a very common approach is not to use DOM at all,
but rather use XSLT for converting XML to HTML.

HTHs,
Steve Ball

--
Steve Ball            |   Swish XML Editor    | Training & Seminars
Zveno Pty Ltd         |   Web Tcl Complete    |      XML XSL