RE: DOM-2 CSSValue Extensions and CSSValue.CSS_CUSTOM

From: Bill dehOra <Wdehora@cromwellmedia.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:02:59 +0100
To: "'Philippe Le Hegaret'" <plh@w3.org>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org

:> Maybe they should get their own type codes altogether?
:
:What do you mean ? By suppressing the CSS_CUSTOM type and
:adding them into
:valueType space ? Then we will have to reserve somes codes for
:CSS3, SVG ...

Woops, you're right. I'm not sure why I decided yesterday that properties
should be values :)

:I don't think it's a good idea to go in this direction for the
:CSS properties.

But this wouldn't be an issue if we had first a class property object to
extend from in the CSSOM. These things aren't values anyway, they are things
that are assigned values (properties), and more will need to be added in
future CSSOM's, as you point out. I don't understand why they should hang
off CSSValue.

-Bill