RE: DOM-2 CSS2FontFaceSrc, CSS2FontFaceWidths, CSS2TextShadow

If I understand you the substantial problem seems to be that there is no way
to obtain an instance of these interface types as the CSSOM stands, with out
a succession of 'guessing' casts (as opposed to casts with a type code
involved). This admittedly defeats the purpose of having the public
interfaces. In another thread I suggested that the reason these interfaces
do not have type codes may be because they are not core to the CSSOM.

However I don't see a reason why type codes and corrsponding getXX methods
should not be added to the CSSPrimitiveValue interface, and the idiom used
to obtain counter, rect and rgb types applied. Each get method could be
specified to throw an UnsupportedOperationException() if the type is not
realised in a particular implementation. The compelling use case here is
simple: there is no use case at all without access through the published
API. Perhaps Phillipe would like to weigh in on this?

-Bill