Re: DOM-2 ViewCSS.getComputedStyle

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 20:45:41 +0000
To: Glenn Adams <gadams@vgi.com>
CC: www-dom@w3.org
Glenn Adams wrote:
> Is it the case that the returned CSSStyleDeclaration will or will not contain
> inherited properties for the given element? If they are included, I'd suggest
> adding language to that effect.

It contains the "computed" style. I don't think we need to provide a clear
definition of what "computed values" means. The link to the CSS2 spec
provides the correct definition [1]. The computed style is the result of
the specified style which contains all inherited values [2].

Thanks a lot for your careful review of the spec,
Philippe.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-CSS2-19980512/cascade.html#computed-value
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-CSS2-19980512/cascade.html#specified-value