Re: Error in Counter interface

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 21:01:55 +0000
To: www-dom@w3.org
CC: bbrodie@savagesoftware.com
From: Blaine Brodie (bbrodie@savagesoftware.com)
> The Counter interface of the DOM Spec states:
> " The Counter interface is used to represent any counter or counters
> function value. This interface reflects the values in the underlying style
> property. Hence, modifications made to the
> CSSPrimitiveValue [p.149] objects modify the style property. "

The description is wrong. You should read "DOMString" instead of
"CSSPrimitiveValue". I'm going to fix that.

> However the interface only has DOMString attributes.  Shouldn't all of
> these attributes CSSPrimitiveValue's instead?

counter functions can only contains identifiers and strings. Both of them
are clearly identify in counter and counters. Changing them to CSSPrimitive
values will add a unuseful layer to access the identifiers.

Philippe.