RE: Event handling

From: Patrick Schmitz <pschmitz@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:06:10 -0800
To: "'keshlam@us.ibm.com'" <keshlam@us.ibm.com>, www-dom@w3.org

In many cases, we expect authors to define events that are associated with
specific media and documents; they may not want the overhead of such a
naming scheme.  I see your point, and folks are free to take that approach
where it may make sense, but I am not keen to require (or even encourage)
namespace qualified event names.

Patrick Schmitz
Program Manager - Web Multimedia Standards
Microsoft