Re: Element interface

From: Dieter Köhler <dieter.koehler@ppp.uni-bamberg.de>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 19:16:20 +0100
To: keshlam@us.ibm.com, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
> Another approach is to check whether the named item is present in the
> NamedNodeMap before you remove it.

But then the remove-routine of the namedNodeMap would check that
again.

> Another approach is to provide yourself with a private mechanism that
> doesn't throw the exception. What a DOM implementation publishes to the
> outside world, and what it looks like internally, may be very different
> things.

Well, we can define any divergent behavior and code it separately.
But would it not be appropriate when similar things would work alike?
Similar behavior might make the DOM more pleasant for the end user,
too.

 Dieter Koehler, M. A. - dieter.koehler@ppp.uni-bamberg.de
 Mittlere Kaulberg 22, D-96049 Bamberg, +49(0)951-5190726
 "http://www.philo.de/Philosophie-Seiten/": 1000+ Philosophie-Links
 "http://www.philo.de/VirtualLibrary/14.de.htm": Deutsche Philo-Links
 "http://www.philo.de/xml/": Open XML - XML-Komponenten fuer Delphi