Re: Element interface

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:33:44 -0500
To: Dieter Köhler <dieter.koehler@ppp.uni-bamberg.de>
cc: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
>a) removeAttribute and removeAttributeNS need a NOT_FOUND_ERR in order
>to operate in the same way as a NamedNodeMap.

removeAttribute is Level 1. In Level 1, removing an attribute that doesn't
exist is a no-op. I don't think we can change that now without risk of
breaking existing code.

Given that precedent, I'd rather have removeAttributeNS be consistant with
removeAttribute than with the NamedNodeMap.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research