Re: NamedNodeMap

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 18:37:24 -0500
To: Dieter Köhler <dieter.koehler@ppp.uni-bamberg.de>
cc: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
>So it seems the passages about the "live" behavior of NamedNodeMaps in
>§1.1. are superfluous, since there is no intension to use it in a way
>a NodeList is e.g. used in Elements.getElementsByTagName.

No current intention to do so, anyway... and I think it's much more likely
that NodeIterator or TreeWalker would be used as a return type for future
query operations. (That's what they were originally designed for, but we
decided that we needed to wait for the XML Query Working Group to tell us
how querying ought to behave.)

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research