Re: importNode

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:32:28 -0500
To: www-dom@w3.org
> Actually, not "all" the information.  If the node is of some subtype
> that the "importing" DOM doesn't fully recognize, that information
> can't be imported.  Examples include additional attributes and of
> course any specialized methods the original subtype supported.

I don't think we _forbid_ copying additional information, if your
implementation happens to recognize the source node as belonging to an
implementation that it knows how to handle (itself, for example). But we
can't require that, because in the general case all that we know about the
source node is that it's a DOM Node.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research