Re: Namespace treatment, cloning and node.supports

From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 14:40:13 -0800
To: Dieter Köhler <dieter.koehler@ppp.uni-bamberg.de>, keshlam@us.ibm.com
Cc: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
> > We've adopted the position stated by the namespace working group, that the
> > prefix is only syntactic sugar and the namespace URI is the "real"
> > information. The prefix is retained primarily as a hint to serialization
> > routines, and is mutable because you may want to hint differently.

For the record, my current set of XML utilities to provide support
for writing out a DOM and fixing up the prefixes on the way out.

Basically, one walks the tree to generate SAX2 events, and there's
a filter on those events to patch up prefixes and declarations.

http://home.pacbell.net/david-b/xml/ ... the "utilities" package.
For Java people.

- Dave