Re: Comments on DOM 2

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 15:24:54 -0500
To: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
cc: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
>The cleanest solution is be to have the Document delegate some other
>object (in this case, DocumentType) as the "real" factory.

That fails in precisely the case you were citing -- if there are other
nodes that you want to create before you see the DocumentType, they'll be
created via the wrong factory.

In some cases that might be OK. In others...

It's not a simple problem. Which is why the consensus was that we need more
time to think about it.