RE: Interesting thought

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 17:21:27 -0500
cc: www-dom@w3.org
>the problem is that the browser(at least IE) scans all imported javascript
>code for finding syntax errors at the load time. this elongates the load
>time unnecessarily. if the code is commented at load time, the page loads
so
>much faster

I think you're going to have to take that up with IE. As I said, the DOM
considers the javascript to just be string content within the document. You
could probably write something that would process those strings to find and
strip out the comments, but I don't know if your browser would then
reprocess them and discover the Javascript.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research