Re: Namespace treatment, cloning and node.supports

From: Ray Whitmer <ray@xmission.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 11:17:34 -0700 (MST)
To: keshlam@us.ibm.com
cc: Dieter Köhler <dieter.koehler@ppp.uni-bamberg.de>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 keshlam@us.ibm.com wrote:

> > (3) node.cloneNode: Cloning an unspecified attribute node should
> > return a specified attribute node, shouldn't it?
>
> Yes. That should probably be documented. Good catch.

While we are at it, removing an unspecified attribute node should
probably flip the bit, before inserting a new unspecified attribute
in its place.  I don't think that is covered by specified rules,
and would otherwise allow you to move an unspecified node to
another element.

Ray Whitmer
ray@xmission.com