Re: TreeWalker.whatToShow

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:50:50 -0500
To: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
cc: www-dom@w3.org
I've been reminded that we've been forgetting an important point: Specific
handling for Entity References is designed into the Traversal tools. Both
NodeIterator and TreeWalker support the entityReferenceExpansion flag,
which when set false will cause children of EntityReference nodes to be
rejected.

I believe our intent is that when this flag is set false its rejection
takes precedence over both whatToShow and the user-provided filter (if
any), just as the skip generated when whatToShow's relevant bit is false
takes precedence over the filter.

But that's not documented clearly enough in the current draft. Will fix.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research