Re: minor typos in CR-DOM-Level-2-19991210

From: Susan Lesch <susan@textet.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 12:57:44 -0500 (EST)
To: www-dom@w3.org
Arnaud Le Hors wrote:

> > introduction.html - What the Document Object Model is par. 2
> > "...In the DOM, documents have a logical structure which is
> >      very much like a tree; to be more precise, it is like a
> >      "forest" or "grove", which can contain more than one tree."
> > [What is "it"? The DOM, a document, or a structure? I would replace
> > "it" with a noun (probably document).]
>
>It's the logical structure. What about simply:
>
>  In the DOM, documents have a logical structure which is
>  very much like a tree; to be more precise, which is like a
>  "forest" or "grove", which can contain more than one tree."
>
>?

On second look, the original is clear. If you want to change it, here
is another try:

     In the DOM, documents have a logical structure which is very
     much like a tree; to be more precise, the structure is like a
     "forest" or "grove", which can contain more than one tree.
or
     In the DOM, documents have a structure which is very much like
     a tree; to be more precise, their logical structure is like a
     "forest" or "grove", which can contain more than one tree.

[snip]

> > 1.2 Document - createElement and Interface Element - tagName
> > canonical uppercase form
> > [I'm not certain uppercase is ever canonical.]
>
>Well, what we meant is that for HTML, uppercase is the canonical form in
>the DOM. I guess your question means we failed to make that clear.

My fault. I'd attribute my comment to a reading error. (If anyone
else was confused, perhaps a sentence would fit in section 1.1.6. on
String comparisons [1]. It's on the same page, and comes before
Document and Element.)

Thanks for your gracious reply.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2/core.html#ID-5DFED1F0

--