RE: Time in DOM 2 Events

From: Patrick Schmitz <pschmitz@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 16:32:42 -0800
To: "'David Brownell'" <david-b@pacbell.net>, John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org
For most applications, local start of epoch is fine.  Nevertheless, for
distributed apps (e.g. coordinated display of document sets; events that
will be delivered in a media stream with delivery timestamps), a common
epoch would really help.  There are certainly other hurdles for both
examples I mention, but it would be nice to not have to translate epochs if
and when such xplat issues arise.

Thanks - Patrick