Re: XML/HTML editors with a DOM based plugin API?

From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@garshol.priv.no>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 07:16:47 -0500 (EST)
To: www-dom@w3.org

* Miles Sabin

| As per the subject line: are there any WYSIWYG XML/HTML/CSS editors
| with a DOM based plugin API (binding language not that important,
| but preferably java)?

I think XMetaL fits this description. It uses CSS for styling and
claims to expose a DOM API to scripts (I haven't checked). However, it
is highly Windows-specific in that it uses MSIE.

One good thing: it uses Windows Scripting Host for scripting, which
means that any WSH language can be used for scripting (or so I am
told). Personally I would use Python for this and quite simply forget about
the other alternatives.

--Lars M.