Re: XML/HTML editors with a DOM based plugin API?

From: Lauren Wood <lauren@sqwest.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 09:27:50 -0800
To: Miles Sabin <msabin@cromwellmedia.co.uk>
CC: www-dom@w3.org

Miles Sabin wrote:

> As per the subject line: are there any WYSIWYG XML/HTML/CSS
> editors with a DOM based plugin API (binding language not that
> important, but preferably java)? If not, are there any vendors
> planning such a thing?

SoftQuad Software has both an HTML and an XML editor with
close-to-WYSIWYG capabilities using CSS which have a DOM interface (not
yet 100% Level 1, but we're getting there!) The DOM is reachable via
COM, so you can use any scripting language that works with the Windows
Scripting Host. More details at www.hotmetalpro.com, or www.xmetal.com.

cheers,

Lauren