Re: Free Software Complying with Dom Level 2

From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 20:47:58 -0800
To: Ajune Liu <ajune@graphics.nju.edu.cn>
Cc: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
Ajune Liu wrote:

> Could you please tell me whether there is some free software
> complying with DOM Level 2 using Java, i.e. some classs and
> interface package compying with DOM?  If so, could you
> please tell me where I can get it?

http://home.pacbell.net/david-b/xml/ ... the "DOM2" implementation.
Conforms to the latest version of the spec ("CR") as best as I
can tell.  Supports quite a few of the optional modules. It's open
source; the distribution includes source, javadoc, and some examples.

I suggest you also grab the "utilities" package, so that you can
easily hook it up to your preferred SAX parser.  If you don't have
one, it includes a variety.  (Validating and non, a "DOM walker",
SAX2 wrapper around Swing's HTML parser, and SAX2 wrappers for some
other parsers.)

- Dave