Re: Views?

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 14:20:03 -0400
To: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@garshol.priv.no>
CC: www-dom@w3.org
Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> What purpose does the Views module in DOM L2 serve? From the
> definition there it is hard to see what it can be used for in its
> current state. Any hints?

The computed values for the CSS object model need a
representation of the view since you don't have
relative values. Instead of waiting for DOM Level 3
to able to add this functionality, we decided to add
an abstract view in DOM Level 2. The complete view
object model will be defined in DOM Level 3.

Philippe