Traversal?

From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@garshol.priv.no>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:46:01 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-dom@w3.org

What sort of uses are envisioned for the traversal module of the DOM
L2?  I've read through this several time and even briefly tried using
it, but can't really see much use for it. The iterators seem like they
would be useful for search results and suchlike, but as I read the
specification they are not intended to be used for such purposes.

Is the intention to support processing application that extract
information from the DOM for conversion or other purposes? Or is the
intention to be able to reuse these interfaces in other contexts
later?

--Lars M.