Question's about the CSSPrimitiveValue interface.

From: Blaine Brodie <bbrodie@savagesoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 18:02:28 -0700
To: www-dom@w3.org
Hello,

I have a question about the CSSPrimitiveValue's setStringValue() method in
the current DOM2 specification.  The specification states that an
INVALID_ACCESS_ERR exception is to be raised if the CSS value doesn't
contain a string value or if the string value can't be converted into the
specified unit.  Should this also say that it will be raised if the
attached property doesn't support the string value or the unit type?

Also, what is expected to occur with CSSPrimitiveValue's
getPrimitiveType() method in the following case?  Assume I have a
CSSPrimitiveValue named 'primitiveValue'.  Also, assume that
primitiveValue's attached property can contain CSSValues of type
CSS_VALUE_LIST and CSS_PRIMITIVE_VALUE . What happens in the following
situation?
value.setCssText("a, valid, list") 	// no exception raised according to
current specification.
value.getPrimitiveType() == ????.

A similar example can be given for CSSValues of type CSS_VALUE_LIST and
CSS_CUSTOM.

Thanks for the clarification,

Blaine Brodie