Re: Projects using Java-XML Programming

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 08:58:53 -0400
To: www-dom@w3.org
>Can any of you suggest a few projects in XML programming in Java

Anyone know of a particularly good book or website for DOM XML programming
examples and exercises? I don't have any recommendation rignt now, and that
seems to be what Bansi is looking for.

Basically, any kind of data processing that you might perform on other
structured data can be performed on XML; whcih kinds are appropriate depend
on the kind of data you're using XML to represent.

I'd suggest that you start by asking yourself what kinds of document you
want to use XML for, and then what kinds of operations you want to perform
on those documents -- creating them, searching them, updating them,
comparing them, and so on. Then assign yourself some projects that reflect
those tasks.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research