RE: creating XML document from scratch

From: Mark Torr <Mark.Torr@eur.sas.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 10:05:35 +0200
To: "'Heather Lindsay'" <heather.lindsay@Trifolium.com>, "'www-dom@w3.org'" <www-dom@w3.org>
It is possible... here is an example. Note I have not yet worked out how to
get the finalised document to serialise itself!

import javax.xml.parsers.*;
import org.w3c.dom.*;
try {
      DocumentBuilderFactory dbf = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance ();
      DocumentBuilder db = dbf.newDocumentBuilder ();
      Document doc = db.newDocument ();
      Element root = doc.createElement ("mytest");
      doc.appendChild (root);
      root.appendChild (doc.createElement ("header"));
      root.appendChild (doc.createTextNode ("\n  some data is text\n  "));
      root.appendChild (doc.createElement ("footer"));
} catch  (Exception e)
{}