Re: DOMDocument object

From: Michael Champion <Mike.Champion@softwareag-usa.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 08:38:05 -0400
To: <www-dom@w3.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chandan Gupta" <chandan.gupta@in.velocient.com>
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2000 5:10 AM
Subject: DOMDocument object

> I am using DOMDocument object.It has one method - save.
> But when I use it in Javascript in my Internet Explorer5 ,for saving the
> xml file after changes the browser shows permission denied error.
> Please help how to use the save method when noserver is involved.

This is a Microsoft DOM extension, not a W3C DOM method.  Wrong mailing
list!

But FYI, I've been bit by this too ... it's not a Javascript or DOM issue,
it's an IE security issue (can you IMAGINE the havoc if Javascript could
insert little viruses on every machine that browses a website?).  There may
be some way to persuade IE that a particular script is safe for save(), but
again this is the wrong crowd to ask.