Re: Transactional DOM

From: Clover Andrew <aclover@1VALUE.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 13:16:23 +0200
To: "'www-dom@w3.org'" <www-dom@w3.org>
Alex Rojkov <arojkov@communicate.com>

> I think we could have the same transactional model as Oracle has.
> So we can set up savepoints and then make rollback to any of those
> savepoints.

I'm not familiar with Oracle's model, but this sounds quite useful.
Only instead of a flat series of savepoints, I'd prefer to have a
hierarchy of transactions. So you could start a transaction whilst
in another transaction and commit it when that sub-transaction is
done, or rollback without screwing the parent transaction if it
fails.

Looking forward to being able to write multi-user file editors
with XML as the underlying file format. :-)

--
Andrew Clover
Technical Support