Re: ANN: JDOM

Jason Hunter wrote:

> Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
>
> And an awful lot of "all" there are!  I'm replying to everyone since
> I think we need to hear from both viewpoints here.  PLEASE IF YOU WANT
> TO REPLY, join and post to jdom-interest (see http://jdom.org for
> sign-up).

Well, that's Brett original list of recipients (plus www-dom). Since he
took the liberty to tell all these people that DOM is "ridiculous", I
have to keep sending them my answers just as well. I assume all these
people have expressed interest in this in the first place and Brett
didn't spam them...

> The goal of JDOM is to solve 80% (or more) of a Java programmer's XML
> problems with 20% (or less) of the traditional effort.

As I've said in another thread [1] that's very fine with me as long as
you make this clear!! But you claim [2] to be "100% compliant with
existing standards". This is just untrue, so retract those claims, and
stop comparing JDOM with truly compliant implementations, such as
Xerces, because this comparison is just plain bogus.

Thank you.

[1] http://xml-archive.webweaving.org/xml-archive-general/1713.html
[2] http://jdom.org/mission/index.html
--