Query on the DOM tree

From: Judy Chuang <jchuang@engineer.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 19:14:36 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
Does anybody know any good way to query on the DOM tree?

If the query is simple with one comparison(for example, if we look for
attribute "first name"="Judy", we can just traverse the tree and compare it
with each note attribute. But I think this way is too simple to overcome the
performance issue. And I don't think it can handle more complicated query.

DOM is claimed is easy to search. But from the API I saw, I did not discover
this feature. Do I miss something? I think this is very basic question. It
must have answer somewhere.

Any advise is highly appreciated.

Angela