RE: Frameset

At 10:51 AM 8/12/99 +0200, Barry van Oven wrote:
>Even though this may (or may not) be DOM Level 1 compliant, it will get you
>nowhere with Netscape 4.x. This browser simply doesn't support anything
>close to DOM Level 1, instead having its own proprietary DOM. Wait for Gecko
>(Netscape 5's new rendering engine by Mozilla)!

I suspect the original poster wanted something that works in
Netscape 4.X.  For those that just want to test the JavaScript
DOM interface in mozilla now you may obtain a build of
Mozilla from mozilla.org (www.mozilla.org) or the DocZilla alpha
(www.doczilla.com).  The DocZilla alpha is time-bombed to expire at
the end of this month but there will be a fresh version put in place
sometime in the very near future.  The DocZilla alpha contains demos
showing the use of the DOM through JavaScript.

The DOM, in my experience, has reached a very high level of completion and
reliability in either recent mozilla builds or DocZilla.

Michael Leventhal

Michael Leventhal                     mle@citec.fi
Architecture/Development              +358 6 324 0738
CiTEC Information Technology          +358 50 537 6091 (GSM)