[Fwd: Question for Microsoft]

Is Microsoft supporting the standard, or carving out a proprietary version?

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Microsoft <anonymous@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:56:16 -0700
  • Subject: Re: Question for Microsoft
Yes, the XSL compatibility is clearly not just an API issue - it is also an
XSL syntax and interpretation issue.  There are also subtle things in the
XML language and in the DOM that will unlikely be fully compatible -- this
is due to ambiguity in the w3c specs and the fact that true 100%
cross-platform compatibility is never achievable anyway.

The migration story for XSL is that we will continue to support the IE5.0
XSL namespace with the IE5 behavior and then we will also support the new
XSLT namespace with the XSLT defined behavior.  Arn't namespaces wonderful ?