Re: "Empty" Text Nodes

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com wrote:

> In developing 4DOM, we had to adopt proprietary asumptions for a variety of
> points on which the spec was not clear,

I hope that you provided the W3C with a list of such points, and have made
sure they've all been addressed one way or another in the errata!

First versions of specs always have problems, it's inescapable.  That's
why many groups don't say that the spec is stable until it's not only
got multiple interoperable implementations, but there's also a test suite
which covers the spec thoroughly ... and is used to evaluate conformance
to that specification.

- Dave