DOM2 event comments

From: John Lemire <jlemire@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 16:56:33 -0500 (EST)
To: "'www-dom@w3.org'" <www-dom@w3.org>
1) I am very happy to see that you have specified almost every event as
cancelable.
2) I like how you are enforcing tag/style/programmatic registration to
coexist. I would also like to see you specify that events that can be added
via one mechanism can be added via the others. There are examples in IE
where inline event specifying:
<tag id="abc" onxxx="xxhandler( );">....</tag>
doesn't work but
<script for="abc" event="xxx">
</script>
does. This really sucks big and should be purged...
3) I would like to see an events attribute modeled after the style attribute
ala
<tag id="xyz" style="border: solid; background-color: red;"
events="mouseover: onMouseOver( ); mouseout: onMouseOut( ); click: onClick(
);">
so that all events including non-DOM defined ones could pass validation as
well as well-formed-ness.
validation has this problem today with "expando" tag attributes which are
handy for HTML authors who aren't script savy and some sort of "expando"
attribute would have nicely solved this. Feel free to add this too ubt
certainly make sure events don't suffer similarly...
thanks
johnl