Re: DOM platforms

At 10:01 AM 2/4/99 -0800, Margaret Lum wrote:
>Mozilla.org has implemented the following DOM levels: level 1 core
>(interface), level 1 HTML and level 0.  (per Vidur's status on 1/29)
>DOM implementation is a part of NGLayout--the Next Generation Layout
>engine.

We've created an XML and SGML browser based on the Mozilla source and
have a demo package which has several nice examples of DOM functionality
accessed through JavaScript.  You just download the browser package,
install it, and start the program - the start-up page has links to all
the demos.  I think it is the easiest way to see XML and XML DOM
demos in a browser today.

This "Preview" version of our browser was actually created in December
when Mozilla's DOM implementation was not yet complete (and much of
the other code was still pretty shaky).  It is relatively stable
though and more stable than what you can download today from mozilla.org.
We are working ourselves feverishly on the next update which will have
the latest code and 100% DOM Level 1.

Our browser, DocZilla, can be gotten at http://www.doczilla.com.
The current version is targeted only for NT.  It works under '95
but we do not encourage its use due to performance-related bugs.
UNIX versions are planned as well.

Michael Leventhal

Michael Leventhal                     mle@citec.fi
Architecture/Development              +358 6 324 0738
CiTEC Information Technology          +358 50 537 6091 (GSM)